Shaft drive (AX)
- Synchronous permanent magnet electric motor
- Shaft drive with 2.46:1 reduction
- Lightweight: weighs as little as 22kg
- The only complete electric inboard propulsion system with EMC certification
- Dual function: propulsion & hydro generation (while under sail)
- Air cooled
- Nominal Power
- Reduction Ratio
- Motor weight
Available Q3 2017
Oceanvolt AXC series is specially designed for heavy duty commercial and charter use. There are no serviceable parts, no water cooling systems (keel cooling is standard) and system redundancies for safety.
The AXC series of shaft drive motor systems can be stacked to achieve higher power. The systems work with a nominal system voltage of 48VDC even when offering more than 20kW of power. In the AXC solution each individual 10kW motor (up to 4) is driven by their own motor controller which is integrated in the motor casing. This allows the electrical current in individual motors and controllers to stay relatively low even in high power (4x10kW) installations.