Nothing spoils the joy of sailing - or a secluded anchorage - more than the noise and smell of diesel engines. Installing an Oceanvolt system in our new boat has freed us from that. It's the way of the future, and we've been delighted to work with Oceanvolt to bring electric sailing to Canada.
– Michael Melling and Diana Kolpak, owners of the 2016 Dufour 382 GL
The Dufour 382 Grand Large is powered by a 15kW electric sail drive motor, a 14kWh battery pack and an 8 kW DC generator.
Technology used in the Dufour 382 Grand Large electric sailboat:
- Boatbuilder: Dufour Yachts
- Length overall: 11.25 m
- Boat beam: 3.85 m
- Draft: 1.9 m
- Displacement: 7060 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt SD15 sail drive electric motor
- Electric motor system nominal power: 15 kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 46.5 kg
- Batteries: Valence 14kWh lithium battery pack
- Generator: 8kW DC generator
- Propellers: Gori 3-bladed 15" x 10"