The Hallberg-Rassy P28 is a sailing boat created by Harry Hallberg. The P 28 was built during 1955 - 1973 up to construction number 536.
Why did you choose the Oceanvolt electric motor system?
"Environmental reasons and because of the low maintenance need."
How is the system performing?
"Very well, thank you."
What are the key benefits of the Oceanvolt electric motor system in practice?
"Silence, efficiency in harbor-maneuvers."
How much do you sail?
"3 months of the year."
When do you typically use the system?
"For entering and exiting harbor. When the wind dies. To quickly get away from larger ships."
Were you surprised by something with the system?
"By the simplicity of the installation and the efficiency of "direct" torque."
Technical details of the Hallberg-Rassy P28:
- Boatbuilder: Hallberg-Rassy
- Country: Finland
- Length: 8.61 m
- Beam: 2.35 m
- Draft: 1.30 m
- Weight: 3 100 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt AX3 shaftdrive electric motor system
- Electric motor nominal power: 3 kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 volt
- Electric motor system weight: 22 kg
- Batteries: 4x200 Ah AGM battery pack