S/V Blue Saga
“We set out to build a beautiful, fast, safe, and environmentally friendly sailing catamaran — and after our first season sailing I would say we’ve nailed it. The Oceanvolt system has been such a critical part of achieving our environmental goals.” - Owner of S/V Blue Saga
This custom performance sailing catamaran (Luna 47) is not only another fast cruising catamaran. The Blue Saga is a boat that distinguishes from most of the market choices. The boat is not only fast, but at the same time quiet. It does not only accommodate its guests, but offers comfort in a designed shell. The difference is made by a holistic concept.
The propulsion is hybrid: centered, quiet, eco friendly. Recuperation, hydrogeneration, allows use without any generator noise, but with the amenities of modern life.
Follow the owners of "Blue Saga" through their website: thebluesaga.com or on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube !
Technology used in the hybrid electric S/V Blue Saga catamaran:
- Boatbuilder: Luna Catamarans
- Boat model: Luna 47
- Boat waterline length: 13.41 m
- Boat beam: 7.2 m
- Boat weight: 7400 kg
- Electric motor system: 2 x Oceanvolt SD15 electric sail drive motors
- Electric motor system nominal power: 2 x 15kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 93 kg
- Batteries: Super-B 16kWh lithium battery pack
- Generator: 10 kW DC generator
View this post on Instagram