HIRING: R&D ENGINEER
Oceanvolt is a leading company in engineering and manufacturing environmentally friendly electric propulsion systems for boating. As R&D Engineer your main responsibility is to create new and develop present designs based on feedback from our production and customers. This includes working with SolidWorks engineering tool creating 3D-models and updating them. The area of design includes mechanical components, machined and casted, electrical connection boxes and MMI equipment ( levers and displays ).
The R&D Engineer is a member of the R&D team and reports to the R&D Director.
Your first secondary role is to assist in Technical Support and act as a Service backup where you ensure customer satisfaction by providing technical support. Tasks related to this role include e.g. handling warranty and service cases, providing customer support also on-site which may require travelling and developing the service processes.
The other secondary role in this position is to operate as an Engineering technician or System engineer meaning that you are installing systems and providing training on-site for new Oceanvolt installers, service centers, agents or customers.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- R&D engineering work
- Creating and updating SolidWorks models
- Creating and updating related documentation for the products
- Participating in R&D team operations
- Prototyping using a 3D printer and hands-on assembly in the production
- Working in close co-operation with production and service
- Searching for possible suppliers and keeping contact with them during the development process
Requirements of an ideal candidate:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant education
- Ability to create mechanical 3D models with SolidWorks
- Ability to draw electrical diagrams with SolidWorks Electrical
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) and experience working in an international environment
- Customer service orientated
- Proven track record from successful R&D engineering positions
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure or in a stressful environment
- Passionate in developing sustainable solutions and smart innovations
The following things are considered as an advantage:
- Experience in boat electrics / electronics
- B2B experience
- Experience in sailing boats and the boating industry
- Experience in manufacturing
What will this position offer you?
Above all, this position will offer you a unique opportunity to join a pioneering company and to use your valuable expertise in creating an eco-friendlier future for boating. We are ambitious and persistent in our values. Our easy-going but very professional and highly skilled team is there to guide you through your first steps.
How to apply:
Send your resume/CV and application with a salary request as soon as possible but latest by Thursday 15th of October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will start going through the applications already during the application time and proceed fast with this recruitment.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please send them to the following address: email@example.com. We kindly want to remind you that it might take some time to respond to your e-mail due the possibly high volume of enquiries.
Founded in 2004, Oceanvolt is the leading manufacturer of hybrid electric power & propulsion systems for boats. Oceanvolt's serial produced motor systems have been installed on over 200 customer boats ranging from daysailers to 80 ft catamarans worldwide. The systems are not only suitable for cruising and sailing on lakes but also for circumnavigating the globe in tough conditions.