The Crowther 50, Triple 8, is a fast, 50 ft center pod cruiser / racer electric catamaran, professionally maintained to the highest standard and fitted with the very best sails, hardware and rigging.
Full carbon composite construction built in the US in 2007. Triple 8 is lightweight and very strong. Cruising at speeds in the low 20 knots and with a top speed of over 27 knots, she is a delight to sail. Easily driven she needs very little sail to move at 10-15kts and make 240nm days at sea.
Winner of the SSANZ 2011 2 handed coastal series, and runner up ( to an Orma 60 ) in both the 2010 & 2011 NZ Coastal Classic 888 is a proven shorthanded and offshore capable catamaran.
Technology used in the Crowther 50 electric catamaran:
- Designer: Crowther / Bloomfield Innovations
- Boatbuilder: Wahoo Composites USA
- Length overall: 15.24m / 50ft
- Boat beam: 9.14m / 30ft
- Displacement: 4800 kg / 10582 lb
- Electric motor system: 2 x Oceanvolt SD15 sail drive electric motor
- Electric motor system nominal power: 2 x 15 kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 93 kg