L30 ONE DESIGN
The L30 One Design is an electric racing sailboat powered by a 6kW electric sail drive engine & a 5.6kWh propulsion battery pack.
Last week we splashed the L30 One Design and performed some sea trials, mainly with the sails, but we checked also the performance under power. The results were really good/excellent: At 2kW the boat was speeding at 5 kn (of course on flat water and no wind), at full throttle 5.9kW, the boat was doing approximately 7 kn – the speeds were take with GPS. The power consumption was also very low.
Read more about the boat on their website & Facebook page
Technology used in the L30 One Design racing sailboat:
- Boat name: L30 One Design
- Boatbuilder: Oceantec
- Designer: Justin Yacht Design
- Length overall: 9.4 m
- Boat beam: 2.54 m
- Displacement: 1800 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt SD6 sail drive electric motor
- Electric motor system nominal power: 6 kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 42.5 kg
- Batteries: Valence 5.6kWh lithium battery pack