RITCHIE 38 DAYSAILER
The electric Ritchie 38 daysailer is a light displacement daysailer type of sailboat located in Sydney, Australia powered by a 10kW electric motor system & 7kW battery pack.
"Pleased to inform that Oceanvolt installation worked brilliantly. We motored for about two hours and had top speed of over 10 knots at max power, as noted from B and G speedo. Running at 1500 rpm we cruised at 6 knots. In summary Michael and I are delighted with the performance in every way."
Technology used in the electric Ritchie 38 Daysailer:
- Boatbuilder: Noakes Group
- Boat waterline length: 11.35 m
- Boat beam 3.5 m
- Draft 2.70 m
- Light displacement: 4000 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt SD10 sail drive electric motor
- Electric motor system nominal power: 10kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 46.5 kg
- Batteries: Valence 7kWh lithium battery pack