My decision to change the inboard OMC Zephyr 15513H sail-drive, 2 cycle engine to an Oceanvolt SD8.6 sail-drive
I found a reliable and silent propulsion system – Oceanvolt, which fits into my existing mount.
I started in May 2014 and was in the water in June. I did the installation myself with help from Oceanvolt (over phone and email).
I sail about 3 times a week from May to November. The system performed to specifications.
The boat is stored in temperatures from 37.7 C. to -28 C.
I don’t need to remove any parts from the system. Electronics and battery included.
The boat runs vibration-free; plenty of power; no smell; easy to maneuver.
I am very pleased with the system and to have Oceanvolt as a partner.
As a small boat owner, I would recommend Oceanvolt.
– Guenther May, owner of the electric Catalina 25
Technical details of the Catalina 25:
- Boatbuilder: Catalina Yachts
- Country: United States
- Length: 7.62 m
- Beam: 2.44 m
- Weight: 2064 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt SD8.6 sail drive electric motor system
- Electric motor nominal power: 8.6 kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 volt
- Electric motor system weight: 46.5 kg