NAUTOR SWAN 43
"The electric motor is clean, quiet, powerful and what's best self-sustaining. It's also a dream to use in tight situations, because you just flick the control lever on and you're ready to go! "
The classic Nautor Swan 43 S/Y Avilion (hull #22) designed by Sparkman & Stephens was built in 1970 and sold to South-Africa. From there it went on to sail around the Oceans and ended up in St. Maarten wherefrom the current owner bought it in 2011 and brought it back home to Finland. It is one of the 67 Swan 43 ever built and one of the 8 currently in Finland. The Swan 43 is undergoing complete refit and restoration and will have its entire electrical & technical system redone.
Technology used in the electric Nautor Swan 43:
- Boatbuilder: Nautor's Swan
- Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
- LOA: 42.78' / 13.04m
- Boat beam: 11.67' / 3.56m
- Boat weight: 10 000 kg
- Previous boat engine: Perkins 4.108 diesel engine
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt SD15 electric motor with prototype variable pitch sail drive
- Electric motor system nominal power: 15kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 50 kg
- Batteries: 10kWh lithium battery pack
- Weight of batteries: 130 kg