The full carbon electric ORC50 multihull by Marsaudon Composites has been designed for fast cruising and racing. The performance under sail is amazing: 15 knots of speed with less that 10 knots of wind and max speed when motoring 10 knots.
The customer chose electric for the weight (lighter that a diesel version), reliability, silence and hydrogeneration. At speeds of 15 knots the boat is able to generate 6kWh of electricity under sail.
Technology used in the electric ORC50 catamaran:
- Previous name: TS5
- Boatbuilder: Marsaudon Composites
- Designer: Christophe Barreau
- Length overall: 15.23 m
- Boat beam: 8.2 m
- Displacement: 7000 kg
- Electric motor system: 2 x Oceanvolt SD15 saildrive motors
- Electric motor system nominal power: 2 x 15kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 2 x 42.5 kg
- Propulsion batteries: 36,8kWh lithium battery pack