12.04.2016 SWAN 57
Over the years she has been sailing all around Mediterranean and Caribbean seas. A major refit was done in 2005 including a new teak deck, hull painting, engine overhaul, interior varnish etc. Panacea was left in boat yard in Finike, Turkey in 2008 due to owners illness.
The owners of the Swan 57 luckily found her in 2012 and have now been restoring her back to her old glory. She starts to be in great shape but still needs some gear to be ready for big seas. Oceanvolt has supplied the boats 8.6 kW electric inboard engine & hydro generation system.
Technology used in the electric Swan 57 sail yacht:
- Boatbuilder: Nautor
- Length overall: 17.5 m
- Boat beam: 4.83 m
- Draft: 2.8 m
- Displacement: 23400 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt SD8.6 electric sail drive motor
- Electric motor system nominal power: 8.6 kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 39 kg
- Propellers: Gori 3-bladed 15″x12″ propeller