Hiring: Research and Development Manager
In this key position, your main responsibility is to lead the R&D team and take responsibility for research. Additionally, you are responsible for planning and implementing new programs and protocols. Furthermore, you will oversee the development of new products, monitor the development progress and communicate to and with all relevant stakeholders. For a small team of experts, it is essential that the resources and time frames are well planned.
As a member of the management group, the R&D Manager shall, together with the other directors take part in the strategy implementation and the development of the processes to ensure long-term sustainability of the business model. As the R&D Manager, you are reporting directly to the CEO.
This role requires you to combine your technical knowledge with your project management and leadership skills.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Taking a key role in the strategic assessment of the different projects that are presented or proposed as options
- Ensuring that the R&D team is able to work efficiently and supported by you whenever needed
- Acting as the essential communicator between the R&D and production, as well as sales and finance plus report to the management group
- Developing consultancy services in order to use Oceanvolt’s special expertise in delivering tailor made solutions within the field of electric power and propulsion
- Assessing the right skill profiles and adequate number of resources when resourcing people for different projects and tasks. This includes also organizing adequate training for team members, partners, clients and other stakeholders
- Developing products, services and project management tools
- Maintaining a close relationship with key stakeholders (clients or suppliers)
Traits of an ideal candidate:
- As we still are a young company, we do not have much fixed operational policies. Therefore, we expect you to take initiative and to be able to work in a constantly developing environment. An entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
- Passion for development of sustainable solutions and smart environmentally friendly innovations
- Fluency in English (spoken/written), experience in working in an international environment
- Excellency in project methods (e.g. scrum)
- Experience in managing/coaching/motivating teams and acting as a strong, energetic and enthusiastic leader, team player and team leader
- Proven track record from successful work in R&D
- Excellent in planning and time management
- Experience with boats or boating professionally or as a hobby
- Ability to see the big picture as well as understand the importance of details
What will this position offer you?
Above all, this position will offer you a unique opportunity to join a pioneering startup and to use your valuable expertise in creating an eco-friendlier future for boating. We are ambitious and persistent in our values. Our easy-going but very professional and highly skilled team is there to guide you through your first steps. We like to spend time together also during our free time – Oceanvolt arranges regularly various personnel events - and boating trips - with our electric-powered boats, of course.
How to apply:
Send your resume/CV and application with a salary request s soon as possible but latest by Monday 17th of September 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will start going through the applications already during the application time and proceed fast with this recruitment.
Founded in 2004, Oceanvolt is the leading manufacturer of hybrid electric power & propulsion systems for boats. Oceanvolt's serial produced motor systems have been installed on over 200 customer boats ranging from daysailers to 80 ft catamarans worldwide. The systems are not only suitable for cruising and sailing on lakes but also for circumnavigating the globe in tough conditions.