Hiring: System Engineer
As an Oceanvolt System Engineer, your main responsibility is to take the role of project coordinator for each sold Oceanvolt system and follow it through the order, purchasing, manufacturing, delivering, installing, certifying and issuing of the warranty stages. This includes planning and implementing the follow up process as well as communicating the progress to different internal and external stakeholders. Therefore, you are holding a key role in communication between Oceanvolt’s customers, R&D, and production. Additionally, you are supporting the sales department in closing deals and ongoing projects by giving technical support to sales or directly to customers.
The System Engineer is a member of the Production, Purchasing and Service team and reports to the Director of Production & Purchasing.
Your secondary role is to assist in Technical Support and act as the service backup. Tasks related to this role are: handling of warranty and service cases, providing customer support (also on-site) which requires travelling and developing the service processes.
The third role in this position is to operate as an Engineering technician or System engineer meaning that you are installing systems and providing training on-site for new Oceanvolt installers, service centers, agents or customers.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinating "pre-order and order reviews," assessing system requirements, design and doing risk analysis
- Providing customers with information and instructions regarding Oceanvolt system installation, delivery schedule, commissioning and usage guidance
- Optimising and ensuring smooth and customer friendly operation and information flow
- Developing the project management processes, transparency, information flow and services
- In close coordination with purchasing department, ensure the stock of components for manufacturing is well managed and stock inventory up to date
- Managing reports and necessary documentation
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
Requirements of an ideal candidate:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation or other relevant education
- Ability to draw electrical diagrams with SolidWorks Electrical or other similar software
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) and experiences working in an international environment
- Customer service oriented
- Proven track record from successful production management and development
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Operational doer who leads by example
- Ability to work under pressure or stressful environment
- Passionate in developing sustainable solutions, smart innovations
The following things are considered as advantages:
- Experience from boat electrics / electronics
- B2B experience
- Experience from sailing boats and boating industry
- Experience in managing/coaching/motivating teams and acting as a strong, energetic and enthusiastic team leader & team player
What will this position offer you?
Above all, this position will offer you a unique opportunity to join a pioneering startup and to use your valuable expertise in creating an eco-friendlier future for boating. We are ambitious and persistent in our values. Our easy-going but very professional and highly skilled team is there to guide you through your first steps. We like to spend time together also during our free time – Oceanvolt arranges regularly various personnel events - and boating trips - with our electric-powered boats, of course.
How to apply:
Send your resume/CV and application with a salary request as soon as possible but latest by Friday 26th of October 2018 to email@example.com. Please note that we will start going through the applications already during the application period and proceed fast with this recruitment.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please send them to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly want to remind you that it might take some time to respond to your e-mail due the possibly high volume of enquiries.
Founded in 2004, Oceanvolt is the leading manufacturer of clean electric power & propulsion systems for boats. Oceanvolt's serial produced motor systems have been installed on over 200 customer boats ranging from daysailers to 80 ft catamarans worldwide. The systems are not only suitable for cruising and sailing on lakes but also for circumnavigating the globe in tough conditions.