"The motor is just amazing, the manoeuvring in the harbor, torque, the silence. Better than we ever expected!
We've had now 13 days "off grid" with around 200nm traveled and we arrived with 75% in the Marina, 12V totally full."
- Owner of the Elan E4, Buna-Luna
The Elan E4 embodies the passion for innovation, technology and design of Elan Yachts. The electric yacht is equipped with a 10kW Oceanvolt saildrive motor and a 14kWh Valence battery pack. In 2017 it crossed the Atlantic with zero CO2 emissions.
Technology used in the Elan E4 electric yacht:
- Boatbuilder: Elan Yachts
- Installation year: 2015
- Length overall: 10.6 m
- Boat beam: 3.5 m
- Displacement: 5350 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt SD10 sail drive electric motor
- Electric motor system nominal power: 10 kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Electric motor system weight: 46.5 kg
- Batteries: 14kWh lithium-ion battery pack