Garcia Yachts Exploration 52
The Garcia Yachts Exploration 52 is a rugged, aluminium bluewater cruiser with a shallow keel, lifting centreboard and twin rudders that enable it to dry out.
The Exploration 52 is in every sense the larger sister of the original Exploration 45, which was conceived by bluewater cruising guru Jimmy Cornell and designed to be a go-anywhere yacht. Cornell, the founder of the ARC, has logged over 200,000 cruising miles. His brief for Garcia, and designers Berret-Racoupeau, was to create both the ideal bluewater cruiser and a yacht rugged enough to take on the North West Passage.
Technology used in the hybrid electric Garcia Yachts Exploration 52 :
- Boatbuilder: Garcia Yachts
- LOA: 16,65 m
- Boat beam: 4,8 m
- Displacement: 19505 kg
- Electric motor system: Oceanvolt AXC40 shaft drive electric motor
- Electric motor system nominal power: 40kW
- Electric motor system voltage: 48 V
- Batteries: 2 x 21kWh Valence lithium-ion battery pack
- Generator: 2 x 11kWh DC generators